Wednesday, July 8, 2009

FEELING A FAILURE

I was let go from my place of employment almost a month ago and obviously I've been looking for work since then, specifically a job I am right for. I realize that times are tough (a phrase which seems to become almost cliche at this point) and I'm in the same boat as everyone else, well far as being unemployed. In some ways I'm lucky because this only effects me and my brother (he has a job).

Also, I have enough savings to tide me over until something comes through or at least I hope until something comes through. However, the content of this entry is not about tough economic times or money woes which I suppose are the same thing, its really about faith. Faith being somewhat of an irony for me since I have never been one to adopt or believe in any religion. I do on an intellectual level find belief interesting but not spiritually.

When I speak of faith, I think of it something along the lines of hanging onto a four leaf clover, a rabbits foot or even crossing ones fingers. Basically I see faith as dumb luck or hopeing against hope. I know that may seem somewhat insulting to those of faith but thats just my view and one I have lived by since I was first aware of the world around me. So the point I am shortly coming round to is this, where does faith begin & action begin.

Going back to being out work, I have been looking and obviously its harder now to find a good job. Without going into my decades long resume, I do have some game as the kids might say. I've been submitting my resume via e-mail, websites, applications, ect.. and I've seen little or no results. I didn't believe anything would happen fast because it rarely does but after a month I'm growing worried.

What I'm reallying feeling is that I'm doing enough to get back to work, basically I feel as though I am doing the bare minimum. The logical part of me says that I should get a job anywhere or basically settle, the pride within me is ranting against that because I deserve better. Really, for the most part I'm holding out for something unspecific. So here is my real question, should I have enough faith to hold out for something good or just take whatever is available?

-Jayson C.

July 8th 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment