Friday, July 10, 2009

A LOTTERY OF IDIOTS PART I

In the last few days I've been thinking about what I would do if I won the state lottery. Not that I ever believe that could happen (Bill the patron saint of good fortune has it out for me) but still a boy or girl can dream. Before I get to what I would do with millions units of US currency I want to mention something that I coincidentally happen to be watching yesterday. It was on The E! network and I think it was called "Curse Of The Lottery"

All me and my brother could do was laugh our collective assess off and I know they were trying to communicate a serious message but some of the story's were so over the top and beyond understanding it just came off a dark comedy. One of the stories involved a couple from TN who got into a fight and the police were called. The police report stated the wife attempted to stab the husband with a crack pipe, I lost it at the point. I mean, could they be bigger stereotypes.

Basically the running theme as if you couldn't guess is that a shit load of instant money destroys or at least that's what the special should have been titled but I digress. I do think it was kind of unfair to focus on the winners / losers who just happen to be from the south but that's another issue for another blog but really, these people didn't have a plan. The first thing they did was but allot of stuff they didn't need.

Now I suppose I'm a little biased because I don't have an automobile fetish like allot of people so I can't understand why some of these people would buy like ten kinds of really expensive cars. On top of the cars they bought big houses which another thing that baffles me. With the exception of the house I grew up in I've never lived in a real house so I've never had the responsibility of keeping up something that big.

I remember all the work my parents put into our house and that was a small four bedroom, one bath. So I've lived in two apartments for the last ten years or so where most of the upkeep is someone elses charge, not mine. I'm not saying I wouldn't to upkeep my own home because I would, its mine and I should take care of it but a decent sized house. Something I know I could handle, not a 20 room mansion.

To be continued...

-Jayson C.

July 10th 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment