Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A SHORT STORY THE SEQUEL

As a rule I try to keep my blog entries limited to 5 paragraphs, most of the time. I think it helps to have a limit to work with in unless of course I have a little more to say. So yesterday I posted a blog about writing and I realized I had more to say on the subject. I didn't want to do a two parter in the same day so I'm doing the second part today. Truth be told I wrote this last night and saved it for today, I am so lazy - lol.

So onto the topic at hand, writing professionally or just for fun. I was thinking about this story I once heard about Rodney Dangerfield. The story goes that while working a dry cleaners (he owned) that he would write down jokes, funny stuff and little comedic tid bits he would come across. By the time he was ready to go back to stand up comedy he a lot of material to work. I have to admit I heard this in a "Simpsons" audio commentary and have no idea how true it is.

True or not its still an interesting story to me as a want-to-be writer. Honestly I don't have a huge drive to be a professional working writer but I figure if an opportunity ever does arise I'll have a some material worth marketing, selling, etc... I'll have a hand full of short stories, screenplays and hopefully one complete novel. I have no idea if such an opportunity will ever present its self but its comforting to know I have something to back me up


In addition to the stuff I've actually written I have a lot of ideas I've never tried. I'm thinking I should pick a day this week and literally go through my computer and other papers & pull together all the material I have and just keep in one place. Really, I'm not doing anything else so I guess I better get to it before I get another job, lol. Anyway I think I compile all that stuff into one place.


Its strange to think that I've actually written a lot of stuff over the years, most of it I can't remember but maybe now is the time to collect all of it. It might also be helpful to organize it into an easy reference guide, in fact as I am writing this I'm a little eager to get started now. Soon as I finish this I'm going to get started. Oddly enough I'm really interested to see what I've done in the last few years, I bet I suck, just kidding.


-Jayson C.


July 15th 2009







No comments:

Post a Comment